Saturday, January 14, 2006

Church

The house of God.
two months of my truancy.
Skudai Christian Centre.
A Roman Catholic's church.
A shop-like small chapel.
Can't find any better.

Small but never full.
mostly UTM parishioner.
Students from Borneo.
Come for saturday evening.
English and Malay Mass.
As an understandable mass.

Early comers may sit anyway.
Any seats for everyone.
The right-front are choir's.
Choir who are also student.
Left side seated by students.
The Mid maybe the anyone.

Choir still doing practice.
Guitar, Organ as music.
Singing the common songs.
Those who had nothing to do.
who are mostly early comers.
Will chat until mass started.

The process is all the same.
Hymns, slightly different.
Three weekly bible readings.
Collection only done once.
Important Holy Communion.
Announcement and Conclusion.

Everyone's seem very happy.
Happy with the good news.
Happy the mass is ended.
It's time to go home.
They'll spread good news.
Until the next Saturday.

15 Jan 2006

2 comments:

GreatGerard said...

Last time I was also so active in church...received Confirmation in the age of 14...become active altar boy...but I quit all of sudden, I migh have known and love Lord More it I didn't...Now going to continue.

well, hope you will receive deeper truth and love in the new phase service. ...

Eve said...

Gerard,
you should become active in church again...I was never really active in church during my school years but eversince I entered uni in shah alam, ive been really active in our Catholic Student's Society (CSS) and it's great! I guess we all have our calling some time or other. To me, CSS makes my life here (Sjung) complete...cos unlike back home (Borneo) here there are more of "them" so a person can get really spiritually lonely without friends of the same faith..

Ada,
Glad to know you'll be joining the youths of your church. Honestly,I feel that the youths have the most fun serving in their churches..esp in music/choir...wished I'd started to be active earlier..now I only hv a few more years left to be (politically correct) a youth. heh.