Monday, April 03, 2006

My Computer II

the friday's day goes like nothing just even more resting time, I haven't settle anything for my computer. As for dinner we had a traditional meal - Sago with fish Asam Jawa stew. That night, me, Aunty Flocy and Aunty Jay watch American Idol 5...though I already know the result. Lance and Louise busy with Dota...the other family was in their room. I sat lazily on the single sofa which then Aunty Flocy said when are we suppose to make the doughnut. I insisted for Saturday night...I don't know why? I just felt the saturday was the a good day as preparation to rest on Sunday. But since tonight, there's a good show. We decided to make it now...first thing was to buy planta (a cheap well known butter) and some sugar. Who's going to buy it? me and Louis. Where? nearby 7-eleven shop. urgggh I missed the pityful singer who'll be eliminated. as we came back, the flour is ready.

So as usually two large plastic bowls were placed on the table, two pack of flour divided into the two bowl equally and some flour was left for later. Aunty flocy with her magic hand pour the 'mother's bread' (yeast) into the flour. I don't know since when the butter is mixed with the flour....add up some sugar and salt and also some expert needed extimation of water poured to combined everything....I think so...the it's the work for the youngster... to beat the mixture for 20-15 minutes...me and Louis doing it. lance happily Dota-ing. well If I were him, my mind would be "gotta finished soon, I have to help them..." hahaha but I know Lance ways of thought, most probably he'll thought"hahaha, what a good excuses, I don't need to do the silly job."

But sooner or later he come and help as that was the time for Louis to continue the next game. beating until we done... the soft ball shaped mixture is left to be expand itself in the bowl with plastic paper closing it. Let the yeast to breath from inside of the uncook bread. yeah I remeber when it is about 10:45pm...Aunty Flocy asked me give a punch on the fully expanding wet flour. It broke in the middle where an exactly grip size of hole produce. And another beating session continue but this time slightly. By this time the show already finished and will be continued to the result show after half hour but Aunty Flocy wanna watch another programme.

so the doughnut shaping session...ugh very hard to describe. I really want to make a perfect ring of doughnut but never did it. I always made the stupid looks of doughtnut...broke one on side...less flour in some side...big unbalanced bracelet. the other portion of the uncook bread was carefully packed in a plastic bag and stored in the fridge....over all with one bowl it is about 35 home made uncook doughnut on the table with. The excess flour was used to prevent the fragile doughnut from sticking to the plastic paper.

the frying session...Aunty Flocy demonstrated how to cooke them. I could see it is important to make sure the middld hole is always big or else it'll getting smaller. next the to ensure that the correct time of cooking...we don't want to eat some over cook supper...

Few doughnut fail to reach the satisfying condition...still not cook yet... but despite so, my hungry stomach make me swallow after biting them. Indeed it need a lot of oil for this process...some of the awaiting doughnut were put in Aunty Flocy 's Microwave Oven...as I began to get expert in it... I asked Lance to continue. Some good people had boil water....Ahhh doughnut with coffee with good tv programme also not to forget with the nice relatives - most relaxing weekend i have...

As a result... I can see the if you use a microwave, you'll get a bread like doughnut...and if you fry it it'll be just exactly a doughnut. Sugar apply if needed. Lora didn't seem to like doughnut. Aunty Jay didn't eat any...ermm...the supper end up with everyone's in their room.

The Satursay comes...Need some rest...be right back. Toilet....but If I left this computer, someone might took it....emergency. it's very cold here!

1 comment:

GreatGerard said...

I am not sure about the brand...but last time I saw some irresistible Doughnuts at a shope displyed colorfully...that's why I insisted my Aunt to make some for the weekend...Hehehe