Friday, March 31, 2006

After so long...

Here I am again with a very Good news in this Lent season...

well, one of the most importand days in Roman Catholic is the Easter. the day when our Lord rose from the dead. Lent is a Forty day Fasting of preparation for Easter. Lent begins on wednesday, called Ash wednesday.

we'll fast for 40 days as well as Jesus, Son of God fasted and was tempted in the wilderness for 40 days. Lent is our time to fast, do prayers, tempted and repent. Actually there's no words in the scriptures needed us to fast but fasting has been a custom for Christians to practices for most of the last 2000 years.

Lent = fast. But there's confusion whereby, we are not suppose to fast of Sunday. Sunday are the days of celebrations. So Lent is going on for 46 days beginning of Ash Wednesday.

The focus of Lent was always threefold:
1) it was a time to prepare new converts for baptism through intensice classes and instruciton.
2) It was a time for long-standing Christians to reviews their lives and renew their commitment to Jesus Christ.
3)It was a time for backsliders to be restored to the faith.

For a Christian, these are some question that need to be consider during Fasting season.

Am I sharing gladly what I have with others, especially the stranger and the poor?

Do I have a gracious and patient attitude with others, especially those who irritate me?

Do I feel the power of connection to God and the church in corporate worship?

How is my devotional and prayer life progressing? Am I listening to God more and complaining
less? Is it time for a change or a growth in my Bible study and prayer life?

What are the lurking sin problems, which still plague me?

Am I as thoughtful and forgiving of family as others, or do I take my frustrations out on them?

Do I speak up for the maligned and oppressed, or do I remain silent in order to remain popular?

tha's a bit about lent season...
I wish I could do this....

Don't ever says to God ;"d, I have a big problem. "
Try this: "Hey problem! I have a God."
We had a great big wonderful God.
Powerful and mighty with love.

No comments: