Monday, November 29, 2010

Purpose 2:Engineering.

Engineering?  yup Inginieur.

Do i want to be an IR? Yes but not now. I got only a little knowledge in civil engineering. I need to be like a sponge, absorb all the practical knowledge from all the time I am working now.  

Catwalk at site

I start working since 10 August 2009, now it had been more the 1 year. Thanks to Ir Law Kok Hong, my project manager whom accept me with RM1400/month as starting.  I am still humble towards all the consultants and the clients.  my work involve 3D. Dangerous, Dirty and Degrading.  yes and sadly but it still money making and provide bread to most of the foreign worker.

Standing at 11th floor of Block F

At this moment, I am into management of site. less into design. but management is really crucial in my company cause it really lack of it.  In my office, we have come and go site supervisor, 1 good coordinator, 1 loyal clerk, 1 assistant purchaser, and me the engineer.  the QS mostly will come after afternoon, my project Manager only come on monday till thursday, my purchase manage will come to site office when necessary.  I love them all cause they really care bout each other and very helpful.  recently we had always plan thing together like giant sandwich making and also the upcoming steamboat.

I had met a lot type of human being here.  Mostly con people. yeah!   One more problem with this site is that, my boss (the owner of the company) does not trust anyone in the company regardless how long have you been working here.  He was always be at site monitoring the job which is not proper as he seem to be not a technical person.  He can do anything he want whether its wrong or right. Mostly wrong.  I don't care cause he just don't want to listen or trust me. I had heard that he did not fully pay the sub contractors but keep on claiming to other people that the sub contractor had received more. 

The unfinished bussiness of Block C.

Our site situation right now seems to be the worst. the Client does not pay my boss and my boss told me in person that he had used up his millions money.  All major work are halt and only minor work like apron drain, pit cover, housekeeping are done daily. it had been about a month.  my coordinator keep pushing all the supervisors to do their job. most of the machinery got nothing to do. Only the rented JCB and Excavator moving around.  but I still think that its such a bad situation cause all cost of rental and workers are still counted regardless whether they really do work or not.

Playing with the excavator

I had a doubt that I will not get my salary this month, i am scared cause I might not be able to go back home for Christmas.  This late afternoon, my coordinator told me that my Project manager had resigned but I still can call him if i need anything. Damn! the only person that i can count to had resigned, I was wondering what am i doing here!?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be a terrific web page, might you be interested in doing an interview regarding just how you created it? If so e-mail me!

GreatGerard said...

sure no problems.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :).

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work! Thumbs up, and keep it going!.